Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Growing up

They are growing up so quickly. Eliza is almost out of 3 month clothing at close to 6 weeks. Jeb is climbing out of his crib to restart his bedtime music and really needs to have his crib switched over to a toddler bed. I could cry. Eliza may be our last baby, we haven't decided one way or the other yet, and it is rough watching her grow so quickly. She is as big as Jeb was at 3 months now. She already is too long for the bassinet practically.

Although I lament their growing up, it is amazing to watch as well. Knowing that my body and the love of our little family is causing Eliza to thrive is awesome. Hearing Jeb's speech improve by leaps and bounds every day puts me in awe. Today he decided he wanted to hold his sister for the first time. He liked it for about 3 seconds, but it was still another stride in his growing up. Yes, I'll try this instead of "No, no baby ister." In the car on the way home he melted my heart. Eliza started to cry and he said, "it's okay, don't cry Eliza." It was just so sweet!

Sometimes, I can't believe that I'm this grown up. Hitting dirty 30 this month has begun to sink in. I am doing a skin care regimen that includes SPF 15. I have 2 kids, life insurance, a 7 year marriage, a car payment, and a savings account with a positive balance. The highlight of my day is getting to use the bathroom without an audience and eating something without having to share it with a toddler. I don't think 2 years ago when Jeb was just a little guy I could have even imagined that this would be my life. I wouldn't trade it for the world.




This is my world in just a few snaps of a photo lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment