Friday, July 13, 2012

Game Change

After a lot of thought, discussion between the two of us, and a discussion with our Bradley instructor, I think we are going to seek the care of a Certified Nurse Midwife at one of the two hospitals in the area who allow midwives privileges.
I am just so unconvinced that my doctors are being truthful, and I don't want to end up on my back, doing battle to let my body do its thing. I don't think a birthing room should be a battle ground and from everything I've heard from my doctors, I am going to have to make it one to get what I want. I just want to focus on my body, what it is doing, what its made to do. I am so grateful that even though he doesn't understand why this is so important to me, he is so supportive!
I'm not looking forward to fighting with insurance to switch, but I'd rather fight with insurance now than fight with a doctor while in labor. I'm slightly scared, but I know I'm doing what's going to be best for us.

 I guess I never understood the gravity of Jeb's birth experience until last night. I couldn't understand why our OB was so surprised that he was okay after delivery, and why she found it hard to believe me when the pediatrician said he was perfect. The OB never verbalized it, but our Bradley instructor, who's also a Doula said she has seen births where the cord washes down, and that we were literally a breath and a prayer away from Jeb having CP and having a lawsuit against the practice. God is good for  giving us an amazing little boy. Thank you, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment